Dear North End
Over the past few months, students, future teachers, community members, politicians, businesses and organizations have been working hard at preparing the very first issue of the FWD for you to enjoy.
WE ARE PROUD TO ANNOUNCE THE FIRST ISSUE HAS ARRIVED!
The first issue features several exciting articles highlighting community activities, student related causes (like bullying) and of course FWD Fun (including Sudoku & Horoscopes). The Winnipeg Free Press & CTV News have covered our work with some coverage on Global National to come this Friday.
WHERE CAN I GET THE FWD?
The FWD North End Newspaper can be picked up at the following locations:
- St. John’s High School (401 Church)
- RB Russell (364 Dufferin Ave.)
- Children of the Earth High School (100 Salter St)
- St. John’s Library (500 Salter St)
- Neechie Foods (325 Dufferin Ave)
- Ralph Brown Community Centre (460 Andrews St)
- North End Y/Win Gardner Place (363 McGregor)
- Gunn’s Bakery (247 Selkirk Ave)
- Ndinawe Youth Resource Centre (472 Selkirk Ave)
- Indian Family Centre (470 Selkirk Avenue)
- University of Manitoba – William Norrie (Selkirk Campus)
- Urban Circle Training Centre (519 Selkirk Ave)
- North End Women’s Centre (394 Selkirk Ave)
- 99cent Pizza (on Selkirk)
- George’s Burger (408 Selkirk Ave)
So as you can see, many people are excited about the paper, and you can be a part of it too! Please send your comments, suggestions and questions to the FWD Volunteer Staff Team at email@example.com
Let’s Move our community forward (or FWD)…